For some, this may mean that they choose to pledge a fraternity or sorority. How can you be sure if greek life is right for you? Keep reading to fully understand the pros and cons of what greek life has to offer.
If you were to choose to join a fraternity or sorority, one thing you would definitely get out of it would be an abundance of new relationships. You will gain the opportunity to create life long friendships with your fellow sisters or brothers since you will be spending the majority of your time together over the next four years.
Since the majority of fraternities and sororities require you to maintain a specific grade point average to remain a member, student’s GPA’s tend to stay above average throughout the duration of their time at college.
Although they often get a bad reputation for parties, most sororities and fraternities require members to have a certain number of community service hours per year. They are also seen by employers as a positive attribute on your resume. Because of the strict requirements and large number of responsibilities placed on it’s members, employers associate this with the qualities that it takes to work with others in a structured work environment.
Sororities and fraternities are known for their parties and functions, however, unless you are a member, you don’t see all of the hard work that goes into those functions. These organizations require a very large amount of your time. The time that you need to dedicate to studying, family, and any outside friendships is greatly depleted.
In addition to your time, the membership fees required of you will drastically increase the amount of money you will spend on your college education. These membership fees are roughly hundreds of dollars per month depending on what college you go to. This money will be used to foot the bill for all of the parties and functions that your sorority or fraternity will throw throughout the year. However, these fees unfortunately do not cover the extensive wardrobe that you will need to dress for each function.
Whether or not you decide to pledge is ultimately up to you, nonetheless, this article should have given you a decent idea of whether a sorority or fraternity is fitting for the college lifestyle you want. If you would like to see a list of fraternities and sororities as well of the history and expansion of each one, click the link below.
If you know of a friend or family member who is debating on whether or not to join a sorority or fraternity, share this post with them on social media. They will gain a better sense of clarity and surely thank you for it!
- 6" LETTERS ARE THE PERFECT SIZE: We here at JoePaul's know that the American way means going big or going home! This letter is 6 inches tall which means you can hang your fraternity/sorority letters anywhere you want and showcase them with pride! Made with highly durable MDF board/wood it's made to last and stand tall through all the studying, parties and all your shenanigans during the best damn years of your life!
- WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET: While we appreciate the power of advertisement, we hate gimmicks. What you see on our photos is 100% what you get! No generic images, no Photoshop, just good ol' Greek Awesomeness! Each of our designs is tweaked so that the alphabet letters are robust and so that you can enjoy something of high quality and design to decorate your college room.
- THE THICKEST LETTERS ON AMAZON: Our Greek letters are thicker than your star quarterback's muscles and will remain like new until you manage to pay your student debt! Each letter is made with the highest quality standards, is almost half an inch in thickness and you can easily paint it with whatever color you fancy to make it stand out from the competition! Plus, the precision precut holes make hanging them a breeze!
- Trustworthy Retailer - Because Greek Gear has been in business and selling officially licensed Greek products online for more than 15 years, you can count on the quality of our Kappa Alpha Psi T-shirt
- Large Size T-Shirt - The large size T-shirt will fit best for those with a roughly 41.75-inch chest measurement
- Clear Lettering - Because we use bright red letters with a white outline on the Kappa Alpha Psi casual shirt, you'll clearly be able to see the fraternity letters against the dark colored camouflage pattern
- PREMIUM QUALITY; the best quality manufacture with the Fraternity name spelled out, this Fraternity Sunglasses Holder is fantastic for making sure you're sunglasses don't fall of your body and keep them in place
- SHOW YOUR PRIDE; a Delta Chi Sunglasses Holder is the perfect way to show your pride for your Fraternity
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED; all our products are Officially Licensed and Desert Cactus are authorized distributors of these licensed products to ensure the quality. Formally Greek Life Stuff, with Desert Cactus Officially Licensed products you're buying quality that is here to last.
Last update on 2017-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API