With the internet and so many social media outlets to support one’s lifestyle, it would appear to many people that going to college is now just a waste of time.
Although, it’s possible to become successful, especially in our society, without attaining a higher education. Our higher education still provides many individuals a massive amount of benefits.
There are many good cases why many people don’t want to go to college, the main reason being the amount one has to pay for tuition. However, there are many benefits of sticking to your higher education.
1. Opens your mind to new ideas
Going to college has the benefit of opening up one’s mind to new ideas and new ways of thinking. Depending on the university you go to (Some universities have devolved into babysitting institutions for young adults), there are many chances of discovering new ideas as well as a new outlook on life.
College has always been an institution that drove a country to a better and brighter future, hence the phrase ‘our best and brightest’.
2. Demonstrates Commitment
Getting your degree in whatever field you may have sought after shows a great level of commitment as well as dedication and determination. Sticking to something for a long time also aids in helping the development of one’s maturity.
3. Develops your Maturity
As stated in the former reasons – a higher education lends to a much more open mind and also lends to a stronger mind. The coupling between these two notions greatly helps to develop maturity in individuals. College now becomes a rite of passage from scared child to insecure and naive teenager to a young adult who is starting to think for themselves.
The first step to maturity is the ability to start to question and start to think for oneself.
4. Confidence Builder
Delivering academic speeches to your peers and under the eye of your professor may sound intimidating by many people. However, it’s in doing things that are scary where many people have later started to feel courage and bravery.
5. Secure your future
As elucidated in the opening of this blog, the internet has made it incredibly easy to be successful. However, successful only in terms of finances. Having enough money does not equate to having enough knowledge.
Although you may have your degree and a career to ‘fall back on’, what you really gain from college, or at least what you should have gained from college, is the ability to think for yourself and the ability to look at challenges not as an end but only as a challenge.
If you liked this blog and feel that you are doing the right thing in spending your time studying and becoming your greatest version of yourself, then share this story
We are strong because we were weak
Brave because we were scared
WISE because we were foolish
- Windows 10 Home; Intel® Celeron® N3350 processor; 14" display; 2GB memory; 32GB eMMC flash memory; Bluetooth; HDMI output; DVD/CD drive not included
- ❤LOTS OF SPACE & POCKETS: Approx. Dimensions: 15" x 8" x 22"(L*W*H); Capacity: 42L. One separate laptop compartment holds up to a 15.6-inch Laptop and IPad. One spacious packing compartment for daily necessities large enough for school books and binders. Front compartment with many pockets, pen pockets and key fob hook. Eight functional pockets make all of your gear secure and organized in its place.
- ❤USB PORT DESIGN: With a USB 3.0 charging port extended on the shoulder strap of the backpack and built-in charging cable inside, this USB backpack provides more convenience to charge your phone, tablet or laptop. Please noted that this backpack doesn't power itself; the USB charging port only offers easy access to charge your devices.
- ❤COMFY & STURDY: Comfortable airflow foam pad back design with thick but soft multi-panel ventilated breathable mesh padding gives you maximum back support. Breathable and adjustable shoulder straps relieve the stress on your shoulders and make you feel 20%-25% less weight. A comfortable and sturdy metal top handle ensures comfortable long carrying durations.
- Dimensions:18 x 11.5 x 6.5 inch Travel laptop backpack applies to computers up to 17 inches
- Large Capacity: This backpack has multiple storage compartments and features, which can be used as additional supplies and accessories for laptops, iPhone, iPad, pens, keys, wallets, books, clothes, bottles, passports, etc.
- USB access: You can charge your phone, tablet and other devices easily and conveniently without opening up the backpack.
Last update on 2018-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API