With the internet and so many social media outlets to support one’s lifestyle, it would appear to many people that going to college is now just a waste of time.
Although, it’s possible to become successful, especially in our society, without attaining a higher education. Our higher education still provides many individuals a massive amount of benefits.
There are many good cases why many people don’t want to go to college, the main reason being the amount one has to pay for tuition. However, there are many benefits of sticking to your higher education.
1. Opens your mind to new ideas
Going to college has the benefit of opening up one’s mind to new ideas and new ways of thinking. Depending on the university you go to (Some universities have devolved into babysitting institutions for young adults), there are many chances of discovering new ideas as well as a new outlook on life.
College has always been an institution that drove a country to a better and brighter future, hence the phrase ‘our best and brightest’.
2. Demonstrates Commitment
Getting your degree in whatever field you may have sought after shows a great level of commitment as well as dedication and determination. Sticking to something for a long time also aids in helping the development of one’s maturity.
3. Develops your Maturity
As stated in the former reasons – a higher education lends to a much more open mind and also lends to a stronger mind. The coupling between these two notions greatly helps to develop maturity in individuals. College now becomes a rite of passage from scared child to insecure and naive teenager to a young adult who is starting to think for themselves.
The first step to maturity is the ability to start to question and start to think for oneself.
4. Confidence Builder
Delivering academic speeches to your peers and under the eye of your professor may sound intimidating by many people. However, it’s in doing things that are scary where many people have later started to feel courage and bravery.
5. Secure your future
As elucidated in the opening of this blog, the internet has made it incredibly easy to be successful. However, successful only in terms of finances. Having enough money does not equate to having enough knowledge.
Although you may have your degree and a career to ‘fall back on’, what you really gain from college, or at least what you should have gained from college, is the ability to think for yourself and the ability to look at challenges not as an end but only as a challenge.
If you liked this blog and feel that you are doing the right thing in spending your time studying and becoming your greatest version of yourself, then share this story
We are strong because we were weak
Brave because we were scared
WISE because we were foolish
- ❤High-Quality Material: Made of water repellent, tear-resistant and anti-scratch 1680D double-pile polyester for lasting durability.
- ❤Multi-Compartment: 14"x 5.7" x 19.5" (L*W*H). Generous main compartments with padded sleeve for 15.6-inch laptops and several functional pockets allow you to keep all of your gear secure and organized in its place.
- ❤External USB Interface: You can easily and conveniently charge your phone, tablet and other devices without opening up the backpack.Power bank not included,we suggest you to choose Anker's Power Bank:http://a.co/iP6SBVu.
- 15.6" diagonal HD SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1366 x 768)
- AMD Quad-Core A6-7310 APU (2 GHz, up to 2.4 GHz, 2 MB cache), integrated AMD Radeon R4 graphics
- 4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM, 500 GB 5400 rpm SATA
- External Dimension: 20 x 12.2 x 5.7 inch backpack built with laptop compartment fits most portable computers under 17 inches, especially perfect for 15" 15.6" laptops
- MULTI-COMPARTMENT: 3 MAIN pockets & 9 INNER small pockets & 2 SEALED SIDE pockets for computer, notebook, iPhone, iPad, pen, keys, wallet, books, clothes, bottle and more, keeping all your stuff organized and you never worry about your stuff will be cluttered inside
- CHARGING PORT COMPATIBILITY: Putting your Power Bank into backpack and connect internal USB cable, then let your charging cable insert external USB port to connect your electronic device
Last update on 2017-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API