For most young people, college is the place they have always dreamed of going to. The freedom and carefree lifestyle are what attracts them most about college life.
Living at college can be a very fun place as for most of the youth, it is the first time they are away from their parents and in a place where they get to live by no rules.
However, it can also be complete hell for some, especially those who are on their own for the first time.
There are some skills that no one will ever teach you in a classroom or lecture hall that may be very helpful to any college student. It is important that you familiarize yourself with them to make the most out of your college experience.
Here are some of these life hacks:
1. Build your GPA in the first semester when things are easier
In the first semester of your freshman year, the classes are usually very basic. However, you should not dismiss them as you would want to get those As to balance the harder classes in other years so that you may have a good GPA.
2. Take proper notes
You should ensure that you make proper notes throughout the semester for easier revision during exam periods. This will ease your life far much more than you know. When taking notes, you might want to use different colored pens, also for easier revision and memory during exams. You do not want to start hustling for notes when the exams are approaching as this will leave you unprepared.
Coffee is so important in college. It will help you get to class after those late nights partying or even in late night studying for a test.
However, some dorms do not allow students to have coffee pots in their rooms. You should, therefore, teach yourself how to make coffee without a coffee pot instead of wasting valuable money in Starbucks.
- All you will need are disposable cups, coffee filter, coffee mug, rubber bands and hot water.
- Cut the bottom of the disposable cup, put the coffee filter over the hole, tie it with the rubber bands and pour coffee grinds inside the filter.
- Hold the disposable cup over the mug and slowly pour the hot boiling water onto the grinds.
4. Learn how to heat more than one bowl in the microwave at the same time
You can heat two bowls at once in your microwave. Do this by putting one of the bowls vertically higher than the other by placing it on top of your mug. This will save you some time if you are running late for class or just want to help your roommate out by heating their bowl when heating yours too.
5. Learn how to make simple meals using just a mug and your microwave
Learn how to fix quick, easy meals in your microwave as most dorms do not allow students to have ovens. For example, you can make scrambled eggs in the microwave for an easy breakfast.
6. Buy a laptop lock
Many freshmen’s laptops get stolen within the first month of campus. This is because they fail to realize college is filled with people looking to make a quick dollar and they tend to do so by stealing each other’s items and selling them on sites like eBay. Protect your laptop from theft by investing in a laptop lock and you will not regret it.
These are just some of the few hacks to help you get started in college. By following them, you are guaranteed to have a fantastic time throughout your college life as you will not have to deal with some stressful experiences.
So why not share it with your friends and classmates on Facebook or whichever site you use to connect with them? You will be helping them greatly and by so doing, you will all have fun and make some great memories together as you comment about living at college.
- RCA 0.7 Cubic Foot Microwave with Electronic Touchpad
- 700 Watts Output: 10 Power Levels
- Glass Turntable
- 6 convenient cooking power levels (high, med/high, medium, med/low, defrost, low)
- A 30 minute timer with audible end of cooking signal
- Easy to grasp grip type handle to open and close the door
- 4 auto cook menu
- Two-way defrost
- Zero standby function
Last update on 2017-12-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API