In order to do so, you need to dress the part and carry your belongings in the perfect bag.
Many college students will agree that one of the most convenient bags is a backpack. It is considered very “cool” and comfortable and can be used by people of different age groups, gender, social class and so on. It is one unique bag that has evidently united so many people.
However, shopping for the perfect backpack can be quite a challenge especially since there are so many out there.
Factors to consider
When choosing a backpack, one has to consider some factors.
- The type of backpack should suit one’s needs.
- It should be able to fit the owner properly to avoid back injury and discomfort.
- The backpack should be able to hold as much content as one desires it to.
- And finally, it should have all the features needed to ensure its efficiency.
Types of backpacks
There are several types of backpacks, including:
- The day pack, which is used for simple day time activities like cycling, taking walks in college, light shopping and one-day hikes. They lack a strong frame and can only hold a few necessities. Day packs are conveniently lightweight and can be designed to go with your outfit. They comfortably fit your phone, notebook, textbooks and a bottle of water.
- Internal frame packs on the other hand have a firm contoured structure on the back, thus enabling the wearer to hold more content in their bag. These backpacks are perfect for sports like rock climbing and skiing since they are built to distribute weight to the hips. They’re also light enough to prevent shoulder and back pains while exercising.
- External frame backpacks have a similar structure to the internal frame type; however, they are designed for bigger and heavier loads. They are perfect for long hikes with your mates into the mountains where one may need more amenities. They are thus designed with more pockets to hold more objects.
Fit of the backpack
While choosing a proper backpack, it is also important to consider the fit of the bag. One must ensure that the shoulder straps are well placed. This means that they won’t unnecessarily compress your shoulder and armpit muscles.
Some backpacks have a hip belt for further support while engaging in sports or taking long walks around campus. The belt should fit easily around the waist. It shouldn’t fit too snugly because it will restrict blood flow and hip movement.
Capacity of the backpack
Third, one must ensure that the backpack has the capacity to hold everything it is intended to fit in. This requires one to think up a list of objects that the backpack shall be used to carry before actually shopping for the bag. This way, you can try to fit them all in and see if the bag can sustain the weight of the objects comfortably. The bag shouldn’t be too big or too small for its intended use.
Design and personal preference of backpacks
Finally, choose a backpack that suits your personality, age, gender and so on. Girls prefer small and brightly colored back packs. Boys prefer big backpacks with a firm frame to carry more objects. You can have one custom made just for you.
Whichever design you choose, one must consider the quality, texture and material used.
Kindly share this article with your friends and school mates to help them make the best decisions while buying a backpack. It is a good idea to look “cool” as a group.
- Material: Nylon fabric
- Size:18.2"x12.2"x7.1" (Height x Length x Thickness).
- Application: travelling, hiking, school bag, shopping, placing laptop, ipad etc
- Pockets: 4 exterior
- Functional lightweight backpack featuring double main compartments, mesh side pocket, front pocket with organizer, padded back, and ergonomic S-curved straps
- Shoulder strap length: 34.5"
- Handle has a drop of 3.25" and a length of 8.5"
Last update on 2018-04-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API