Misconception number 1:
About love making
There is this notion that everybody in college is making love to one another. People tend to think that everybody is getting sex. Your roommates may make you actually believe this and they will narrate to you on how they slept with some girl but in actuality, they did not.
Misconception number 2:
If you are in liberal arts you will be unemployed for life
This is another myth that you will be told in college. According to the Huffington post, this is not true. Though some people change their majors after being told so, this is not even close to the truth. As a matter of fact, English and History majors were among those that recorded a lower unemployment rate as compared to those majors that people consider prestigious such as economics and political science.
So the lie that if you are pursuing a liberal arts major you will be unemployed for life is totally misguided. Another surprising thing that most students in college don’t know is that they may end up in a career that is not even related to their major.
Lie number 3:
That most freshmen gain 15 pounds of weight
This is a lie. Researchers have found that most freshmen only gain 3 pounds of weight. Out of the freshman populace, twenty-four percent actually lose weight compared to the ten percent that gain 25 pounds or more. The freshman 15 is one big lie.
Lie number 4:
That you ruin your chances of getting pregnant later in life
This is one lie that most college students have bought. It is totally misguided. According to the Huffington post, the morning pill does not pose any danger for fertility and it is also not a replacement for birth control. A lot of people who don’t want to use it don’t actually understand what it is.
Misconception number 5:
College is four years
College is supposed to take four years. But according to statistics, it has been found that less than 40 percent of those pursuing their bachelor’s degree actually complete it within that four year period. Most college students (about 56 percent) take up to six years to complete their undergraduate degree. According to the Huffington post, the majority take six years and this is something that you are not told about college.
Misconception number 6:
ADHD medication will improve your productivity
If you have been in college, you have probably heard about the ADHD medication. You will be told that ADHD medication will improve your productivity and even help you get better grades, but as a matter of fact, if you did not take the medication on prescription, you might end up experiencing very serious side effects like high blood pressure and low or high sex drive. ADHD medication has been found to have serious health effects.
Spread this article on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to make people aware that they have bought fallacies.
- 【Strong Suction, Deep Cleaning】Homasy portable vacuum utilizes a 100W ultra-high power motor with suction up to 6Kpa. In addition to sucking out...
- 【Super Long Cleaning Time】Adopted 4x2200mAh high capacity lithium-ion batteries with working time up to 30 minutes, Homasy now possesses the...
- 【All-round Cleaning, No Dead Angles】With 3 different types of attachments, the portable cordless vacuum can help you thoroughly clean the dust of...
- Lithium Ion for long battery life and outstanding performance.
- Long life, Lightweight and no memory effect.
- Smart Charge Technology uses up to 50% less energy,air Watts: 15.2 Watts, Voltage: 16V MAX.
- 🎄【Powerful Suction】Hikeren cordless handheld vacuum with updated stainless filter, which better to protection the battery and motor. High...
- 🎅【Support All-round Dry & Wet Cleaning】Vacuum cleaner includes 3 kinds of accessories. Depending on the application, you can easily clean...
- 🎄【Cordless, Light Weight & Portable】Cord-free, hassle-free! The cordless vacuum dust cleaner is lightweight and portable to use. Free your...
Last update on 2020-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API