As you look back fondly on your years as a college student, many great memories may surface: life-long friendships that were formed, crazy events and parties, learning fascinating information – perhaps you even met your significant other in one of your classes. Now that you’ve graduated and have a career, those days seem to stretch further into the past. How can we keep the memory of those days alive?
Attend Alumni Events
Many colleges have newsletters or mailing lists targeted specifically towards alumni. These can be valuable sources of information about upcoming events that might catch your interest. The most obvious ones are class reunions, which are definitely a great way to reconnect with old classmates, but they are not put together frequently and indeed some colleges may not even have them. There are plenty of other events that you can go to. Homecoming games, fundraisers, and student group events are just some of the ways that colleges gather people together. Nothing stirs up nostalgia quite like taking in a game of your college’s team, or signing up for a trivia night in your campus’ bar.
Re-visit Your Campus
A trip down memory lane is definitely enhanced by revisiting your old stomping grounds. Many colleges have beautiful campuses that are lovely to walk and take in the scenery. It is reassuring to see old pathways and landmarks still there, many years after you left. It is also interesting to see how the campus has changed over time. Many colleges will have art displays that change regularly, or have a museum or library with different showcases to take in. Have a coffee at the local campus cafe and take in the ambience and remember what it was like to be studying for your next test (without the stress of actually having to write one!).
Donate to Your College
Donations are great when you have a little bit of cash but not enough time to partake in alumni events or visiting your old campus. There are many ways to donate to your alma mater; whether it is to a scholarship fund, an alumni association, or even to a specific student group on campus. Every bit helps, and it ensures that future students have access to the same resources and clubs that you did while attending college.
Host Your Own Alumni Event
If your college doesn’t offer an alumni association or host reunions, why not organize your own? The best way to go about doing this is to use your old class mailing lists to find like-minded individuals. Many people never leave these mailing lists and so you can get a hold of people that you do not have the contact information for. It can be something as simple as a get-together at the campus bar, or something more substantial such as setting up an Alumni Committee that organizes events and administers a donation fund. The possibilities are endless!
Reconnecting with your college is a great way to remember the fantastic times that you had during your time as a student. Share this article with your friends and former classmates and reminisce about the good old days!
- ELEGANT EUROPEAN DESIGN: 11x14 inch Black Picture Frame Made to Display Pictures 8x10-inch with Mat or 11x14-inch Without Mat. Hanging hardware included for vertical or horizontal wall display.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIAL: Ideal for photos sized 11x14-Inches without the Mat and 8x10-Inches with the Mat; perfect for almost all shadow-box projects. Comes with easy opening tabs at the back for easy access.
- ATTRACTIVE LOOK: Cream colored matt keeps photos and artwork looking great for years. Turn your posed portraits, artful prints and everyday shots into a spectacular display. The actual mat opening is 7.5x9.5 inches. It is designed to hold a 8x10 inch photo in place. We recommend taping the photo to the back of the mat.
- ELEGANT DESIGN: Ideal 8x10 photo frame for family portraits and vacation pictures. Sized 5x7 inches with mat or 8x10 inches without mat. Comes with hanging hardware to hang the frame on the wall and a built in easel stand to display on desktop.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIAL: Traditionally designed frame with amazing durability. Comes with easy opening tabs at the back for easy access for loading photos. The frame can be hung vertically or horizontally.
- ATTRACTIVE LOOK: Acid-Free White Mat draws attention to the frame and makes your photos more noticeable. The actual mat opening is 4.5x6.5 inches. It is designed to hold a 5x7 inch photo in place. We recommend taping the photo to the back of the mat.
- Trendsetter frame
- Strong molded frame
- 24 by 36 in black
Last update on 2017-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API