But as you get excited about your scholarship, below are the things you didn’t know about getting college sports scholarships.
1. Struggle to get noticed
Even though you are a genius in everything you lay your hands on, your team coach or manager will not know this. You, therefore, need to work towards getting your coach to discover who you are and what you can do. Remember you are not the only person the coach attends to. To get noticed you should do the following:
- Send an email to your coach
- Talk to him in person explaining your capabilities
- Join his other training sessions
Include all your information to him in an email so that your coach can know more about you. Who knows? Your information might be helpful for you to secure a scholarship.
2. Sports scholarships only cover part of your college fee
You may think that since you are a star in skating or tennis, you will have a full scholarship. Sometimes the scholarship may not cover all your education, but that doesn’t mean you will decline the offer if it comes. It also doesn’t mean that you will stop participating in activities. As you continue to be involved in college sports, you might as well get a second scholarship from a different organization. Your education will, therefore, be fully covered.
3. Social media plays a great role
As a student, you may have a rough time mixing education and sports. You may as well find it hard getting a good coach and a scholarship as well. This should not worry you. With the recent technology, you can use social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to attract attention.
All you need is a video of you doing what you do best and post it on these sites. If you know several coaches, you can send them the link. It will be easier for them to give you priority on their lists of scholarships if they know you have great talent they can use.
4. Scholarships are not guaranteed
If you receive a college sports scholarship, it is not a guarantee it will last for three years or your education period. Other scholarships get renewed after a period of time. Some yearly and others last as long as your learning time. When you receive one, don’t get over-excited and forget everything.
While scholarships come with a lot of excitement, you and your parents should know that sports scholarships only cover a particular part of your college costs. You should also know that sponsors of your college scholarship only want your association with their brand because of your excellence in sports.
Do you have college friends? Then they MUST read this excellent post. Please do not forget to SHARE the post with your family on Facebook.
- America's #1 selling tennis ball
- Official ball of USTA League tennis; USTA approved
- Controlled fiber release for a consistent nap, deep elastic seems for reduced cracking
- REUSABLE MESH CARRY BAG. Tourna balls come in a convenient reusable and closeable mesh bag for easy transport and storage.
- TOURNA PRESSURLESS BALLS NEVER LOSE THEIR BOUNCE. Regular tennis balls go flat over time, even if you don't use them. These balls will have the...
- DURABLE! Not all tennis balls are created equal. The extra durable felt on the TOURNA Pressurless tennis balls lasts a long time. Ideal for tennis...
- Pack of 2 cans (total of 6 balls)
- Extra-duty felt is ideal for hard court play
- Natural rubber offers a consistent feel and reduced shock
Last update on 2019-08-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API