While joining college, most people have one major goal to do whatever it takes to attain the desired degree. Though this goal is very important, people rarely understand the importance of networking as part of achieving and maintaining our life goals.
After graduation, everybody gets busy in real life looking for a job and the competition becomes stiff. With the current literacy levels, a college degree is not enough to secure you a job in your respective industry.
Having a professional in the field who knows you and your capabilities is a stepping stone towards success. He or she will guide you on where to look for jobs, connect you with potential employers and give you relevant advice.
What is college networking?
College networking refers to the meeting, interacting and establishing contacts with people in your field of study. These may be fellow college students, the college alumni, professors and other professionals in the field. It can be achieved through attending career talks, communicating with your professors, during internships, joining college societies or organizations and interacting with the alumni during important school events.
Why is college networking important?
1. Improves your knowledge and skills
Through networking, you meet people with the skills you need to prosper in your career. Frequent communications with these people allow you access to information that is probably not taught in class making you more knowledgeable compared to your peers. It may also help you understand how to apply the theoretical ideas and concepts taught in class in the real working environment.
2. Increases your chances of getting your dream job after college
The people you meet while networking may refer you to other potential employers. A referral letter from a highly reputable person builds an employer’s confidence in allowing them to see the potential in you.
3. It gives you an opportunity to familiarize yourself with the field
The college offers training in a safe environment which may be very different from the real world. In most cases, mistakes in class are often forgiven and students are given another chance to improve which may not be the case outside the school. A simple mistake may cause destruction to the organization’s reputation and end up causing your dismissal. Through networking, you get access to advice on the Dos and Don’ts and thus efficiently preparing you for the future.
4. Helpful for business success
College networking can be helpful in promoting the success of your business. Whether you are a student, alumni or an individual with an interest in business, networking is very crucial. The connections you make at college can be used to market your business and thus improving its growth.
Networking occurs in almost every social situation and it is a crucial part of life to every individual. Though it may sound quite scary, it is so simple to achieve.
It is said that sharing is caring. Share this post on your social media platforms to help other people too and begin your networking today.
Image Credit: Pixabay
helpful? … then please share it
- Manufactured by the #1 leading manufacturer of First Aid Kits in the USA. 100 pieces of comprehensive first aid treatment products.
- This Kit meets United States FDA Regulatory Standards as a Medical Device. Ideal for most businesses and perfect for family use at home or travel.
- Fully organized interior compartments provides quick access. The rugged, sturdy, high density plastic case is impact resistant
- Contains 299 physician-recommended supplies
- Full-fledged, easy-to-tote First Aid softpack
- Medicine, antiseptics, bandages, injury treatments, and more
- #1 selling branded first aid kit contains 140 essential first aid supplies
- All-purpose first aid kit contains cleansing wipes, gauze pads, antibiotic ointment with pain relief, and more
- Includes a variety of Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages in assorted sizes to cover minor wounds for healing
- 250 pieces of comprehensive first aid treatment products. Manufactured by the leading manufacturer of First Aid Kits in the USA.
- Meets or exceeds OSHA and ANSI 2009 guidelines for 50 people. Ideal for most businesses and perfect for family use at home.
- Fully organized interior compartments provides quick access. Rugged, sturdy hard plastic case is impact resistant
- This 10 person kit has the essential contents for minor bumps and bruises.
- Contents exceed requirements of ANSI Standard Z308.1-2009. OSHA Compliant
- Includes burn and antibiotic ointment
Last update on 2019-04-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API