It’s a great achievement being enlisted to play at the college level. However, to keep coaches interested in enrolling you, you’ll need to make sure you’ve done all the right things.
First, you should know that even if you’re receiving your phone calls or letters from college football heads, it does not mean that you’ll finally be provided a spot on the roster or a scholarship. Coaches usually enlist five to ten players for every position on the list that they have. Meaning, you’ll be competing with those athletes for the similar position. The coach will eventually provide the spot to the athlete he perceives will best help his agenda.
Below are the steps you can take if you’re being enlisted for college football.
1. Keep in touch
After a coach has contacted you, your task as a college football enroller will be to keep in touch with him by making sure you’re dispatching consistent updates about your achievements and your team’s success.
If you come across a glimmering article written about you online or in the subsequent paper, ensure the coach receives a copy of it. Assuming that once a coach has contacted you, he’ll keep in touch with you, is the last thing you’ll want to do. To make sure you do not fall off his radar, you’ll need to keep the communication lines open.
2. Stay professional
The worst blunder you may make once you’ve learned you’re a college football enroller is to allow your grades to slip and hence become not qualified to play. Coaches desire players who can remain professionals to play NAIA or NCAA. Thus if you allow your grades to slip, you’ll most probably not receive an offer to play.
3. Acquire some film
If you have an excellent match, try and acquire it on film from your football head. Once you’ve obtained it, forward it to the coaches interested in you or display it online so that they can see it. Football heads are passionate about game film.
4. Stay eager
As earlier mentioned, just because coaches have begun showing interest and made you a football recruit it does not mean they’ll commend you. It means they’ll be observing you and they’ll make a determination about enlisting you at a later time. Thus you’ll need to keep working hard in the classroom, field, and weight room.
Once you’ve become a college football enroller, your task will just be starting out. In that, you’ll need to keep on promoting and marketing yourself to coaches until you begin receiving offers to sign.
For that, I recommend you share this article with your friends on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter for it would help them know the steps they’ll need to take if recruited for college football.
Image Credit: Pixabay
helpful? … then please share it
- Overall Dimensions: 50 in. W x 24 in. D x 29.5 in. - 44.25 in. H at Full Tilt
- Top Dimensions: 36"W x 23.75"D
- (3) 12.75" x 12.75" Storage Drawers
- Main work surface: 35.5''W x 23.5''D
- 24" Slide-Up Pencil Ledge
- Additional Under Desktop Storage Shelf
- 🍃 Want to find adjustable workstation at the perfect height and angle to increase productivity as you drawing, painting or arts projects? Take...
- 🍃 Specifically designed for creative use, this table is the perfect workspace for arts and crafts projects, sketching, drawing and more....
- 🍃 A sturdy steel frame and MDF tabletop with durable powder coat finish ensures this drafting table withstands the rigors of daily use;...
- Durable Stable Construction - Made from made of high quality MDF board and steel frame with powder coating, rust resistant, high durability, stand...
- Stylish Design With Adjustable 48 Degrees Angle Adjustment - Distinctive arched design with sleek, adjustable work surface that easily tilts to 48...
- Spacious Surface with 3 Drawers - Matching storage unit with 3 spacious woven fabric drawers; cushioned stool with footrest supports up to 150 pounds
- Overall dimensions: 47.75W x 23.75D x 35.5H/top dimensions: 35.25W x 23.75D with angle adjustment from flat to 60 degrees
- Height adjustable from 27.75- 35.5when flat
- Premier metal art tray 24with swivel cup and slot for flexible foam pencil organizer
Last update on 2020-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API