People from all over the world can now communicate simultaneously and in real-time. Because of this technology, the online college education was born.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF A COLLEGE ONLINE COURSE
Having a College Online course is like having a class in a virtual classroom and you have hundreds if not thousands of classmates that are from different parts of the country or sometimes from other countries. This may sound amazing to some but there are some aspects to be considered before deciding to join an online class.
In this article, we will talk about the different pros and cons of taking an online college course help you decide whether you should to take it or not.
The first and foremost reason to take the online college course is because of the convenience. You would never be late for school ever again because your classes will be right there on your desktop or on your laptop. Also, if you’re not happy taking classes at home, you could go to a park or in a mall. You can have all the necessary things you need to learn and no one would annoy you or bully you when you’re in the virtual classroom.
Time will no longer be an issue when you’re taking an online course. You can take your classes wherever you want and whenever you want. This means that a person can work on a morning shift and then attend his/her online class at night.
College Universities, especially the popular ones, usually demand some very steep tuition fees because you have to pay for the university equipment and/or other miscellaneous fees while if you take a college online course, you would only pay for a fraction of the expenses.
Not all courses may be available in an online college education because some of the courses obviously requires some hands-on learning experience to have a degree.
Needs Some Self-Discipline
Having all the time you need to study and learn may not be that great after all. It requires a certain amount of discipline to keep up on lectures and not miss the deadline of some projects. Some good time management would be needed so one cannot miss a class. (This would be like the virtual equivalent of playing hookie)
No Personal Interaction
Sitting on a chair and having to look at a person at the screen for quite some time could get a little boring and your eyes would also get tired. Virtual interaction between another human being on the other side of the world could only go so far. The experience of really seeing the teacher and your classmates in person is really different because there are still things that talking to a person face to face that the virtual reality can never replace.
other valuable readings:
College Online Courses may not be for everyone specially for those who have no internet connection like in the rural areas. But, if they do have a very good internet connection, they could reap the benefits of the college online education.
After you have read the pros and cons, do you still think you want to take it? Do you know a person who would like to have a college online course? If so, you could share this article on Facebook or in other social media sites to call their attention.
Image Credit: Pixabay
helpful? … then please share it
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz) | 4GB DDR4 Memory | 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 - USB 2.0 Ports & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP support
- Fast Processor 10th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i5-1035g1 Processor quad-core 1 0 GHz Base frequency up to 3 6 GHz with Intel's) Turbo Boost...
- Display 15 6-Inch diagonal HD SVA bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen display (1366 x 768)
- Fast boot up with SSD Boot up in seconds transfer files without waiting hours and enjoy a snappier experience with the internal solid-state drive 512...
- Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.60GHz, 4MB Cache), 4GB DDR4 RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage
- 14" HD (1366 x 768) SVA WLED-Backlit Display with BrightView Micro-edge Technology, Intel Integrated UHD Graphics 600
- Realtek 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (2x2) and Bluetooth4.2 combo, 2xUSB3.1 Gen 1(Data transfer only), 1xUSB 2.0, 1xHDMI 1.4, 1xHeadphone/Microphone Combo Jack,...
- Intel i5-8265U, Quad-core, eight-way, Intel Turbo Boost; 8GB ddr4 system memory; 256GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e);
- 15.6" touch screen, 1366 x 768 HD resolution, LED backlight; Intel UHD Graphics 620; MaxxAudio;
- Weighs 4.41 lbs. and measures 0.8" thin; 3-cell lithium-ion battery;
- Laptop for work, school, and play: With office 365 and 1 TB of cloud storage. This device combines functionality, connectivity, style, and value
- Essential productivity: This nimble laptop delivers the essential productivity and entertainment you want for school or home, without slowing you down
- Office 365 personal for 1 year: get full access to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, access, and 1 TB of One Drive storage for 1 year
Last update on 2020-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API