But, when it comes to getting your name out there for your prospective employers, this is one area where you still need some schooling.
Rest assured there are a number of tried-and-true ways to make a name for yourself, looking beyond Facebook and Twitter too, to explain who you are.
Gauge your rep — Do you have a good reputation? Or, are you considered by everyone to be a party guy or a snarky gal? Your online rep can help or harm you, which means you may need to do some damage control and change the face you present to the world. Employers are looking for people who are trustworthy. Why else would anyone want to hire you? Remember: it can a long time to build a good reputation, but just moments to bring it all down.
Choose your path — How willing are you to take the path less traveled? Most people find out what everyone else is doing and simply follow the crowd. That is a good way of NOT getting noticed. Instead, be yourself which is your authentic you. That in and of itself will show people that you are individual, a person who can think and act for himself.
Choose your friends wisely — Your father was right when he said that your friends can make you or break you. And it isn’t just the “wrong crowd” that can bring you down. People who don’t share your values or passion can undermine your beliefs and short circuit your dreams. “Lose” people who aren’t supportive.
Where are you headed? — If you don’t know where you’re headed or how you will get there, then how will you know when you have arrived? Set a goal now…it doesn’t have to be set in stone, but it will be something that will help you get started. You can modify it along the way.
Take a risk — If you play it safe, then you’ll never achieve your dreams. Be a risk taker. If you fail, so what? What if you succeed? Failing is one step closer to succeeding. Leave you comfort zone and venture into the unknown. The Danish philosopher, Soren Kierkegaard, said “To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.” Are you willing to lose your dreams by playing it safe?
Always be teachable — Everyday that you have is an opportunity for you to learn something new. If you have that attitude, then you’ll have an edge over the 90 percent of the people who lack imagination or are simply too afraid to learn new things. “Life-long learning” is not just a saying, it is a reality for truly smart people.
Embrace the positive — Norman Vincent Peale wrote the book, “The Power of Positive Thinking” to help people live lives that are “happy, satisfying and worthwhile.” If you don’t believe in yourself and all that you do, then why should anyone else? A positive outlook on life is beneficial to helping making yourself known.
Manage each situation — Do you allow circumstances to control you or do you respond with authority and clarity? Certainly, you cannot manage the minutiae, but you can have an impact on how something turns out. That is if you’re willing to manage your circumstances and not throw up your hands and say, “oh, well!”
Rethink, Unlearn — What you have learned in life isn’t always beneficial to you. Oftentimes, habits we learned growing up stick with us as adults and have a strong tendency of affecting how we react to circumstances. You may need to unlearn some behaviors and rethink your approach on life. This step makes some people very uncomfortable, but if you’re wanting to get your name out there, then you’ll need to take some risks.
Getting your name out there means maintaining your reputation too. Consider how you interact with people and take the criticism when it comes. Some people will be jealous of your success while others are simply trying to help you eat what we all should taste and that is the occasional slice of nonfat humble pie.
- Echo Dot is our most popular voice-controlled speaker, now with improved sound and a new design.
- Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Stream songs from Amazon Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and others through the improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- Echo Plus has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices, and an improved sound for streaming music.
- New premium speakers powered by Dolby play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. You can also use your voice to adjust equalizer...
- Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, call almost anyone,...
- Premium speakers with Dolby processing let you stream music and books in crisp, stereo sound. With a vibrant 10.1" HD screen for watching videos,...
- Ask Alexa to see lyrics and album art with Amazon Music. See weather forecasts, calendars, to-do lists, and your favorite playlists.
- Watch live TV and sports with a Hulu subscription, movies and shows from Prime Video, or the news.
Last update on 2019-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API