Don’t worry. We’ve compiled some useful tips that will help you find your place in college and make memories that will last a lifetime:
1. Get Familiar With Your College
It’s very important that you take some time to familiarize yourself with your college as a freshman. You certainly don’t want to get lost and consequently report late for your classes when the semester begins because you don’t know the correct location of your lecture room. It is, therefore, advisable to report to school some days or even one week before your classes begin. This way, you’ll have enough time to get used to your college environment and feel comfortable navigating between your classes.
2. Attend Orientation
You also need to make sure you attend orientations with your fellow freshmen. It’s unfortunate that some students feel that attending orientations is a waste of time because they perceive the whole process as boring. Don’t be like them and miss out on the great opportunity to understand your college’s core values and mission better, and meet your fellow freshmen and faculty members. Attending orientations will make you feel at home both with your fellow students and professors before the classes begin, so, it’s in your best interest to attend.
This is one of the reasons why many people looking forward to joining college. It gives you the opportunity to meet new people and make friends. As a freshman, socializing will also help you get over that deep-rooted fear of being in a new place, besides giving you the opportunity to learn new skills, languages and several other awesome things.
But as you may already know, college is not like high school in terms of academic workload. Expect to get lots of homework which can be a bit overwhelming at first, but you’ll also have enough time to complete them, so there’s nothing to worry about. Learn to prioritize your schoolwork while at the same time creating time to socialize.
Some of the ways you can socialize include:
- Know Your Roommate – It is in your best interest to get along well and possibly become friends with your college roommate. This is for your own peace of mind and comfort while in school. You certainly don’t want to sleep in a room where no one talks to you or cares about you. So, take the time to get to know who he or she is beyond just saying hello. It will go a long way in enriching your whole college experience.
- Find A Mentor – Finding a senior student or staff member who can mentor you is just as important as socializing with fellow freshmen. With their experience in college and life in general, mentors can help you prepare yourself better for your career.
- Be Part Of a Study Group – There are several study groups within your class every academic year, so make it your responsibility to find one that suits you most and join. Besides helping you with academic work, such groups also give you the opportunity to make friends.
- Involve Yourself In Campus Activities – There are lots of activities in your campus that you can get involved in to enrich your life there. These include various sports, clubs, student groups/organizations and church activities among others. Find what suits you best and join.
Don’t forget to share this article on social media to help you and your fellow freshmen find your place and feel more comfortable in college.
- 50% COTTON / 50% POLYESTER: this crewneck sweatshirt runs true to size and is pre-shrunk. Its made from a dual blend of 50% cotton and 50% polyester...
- QUALITY SCREEN PRINTED GRAPHICS: Designed and printed in the USA, the clear and vibrant screen printed graphics will leave no confusion for who you...
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED BY: colors and logos are officially licensed by Princeton and are of the highest of quality. Each crewneck comes with an...
- COMFORTABLE and SOFT - This garment looks great and feels so cozy. It's made from a finely tuned 10.5 oucne blend of 90% cotton and 10% polyester that...
- NCAA Officially Licensed and Approved for Ivysport by . Every sale supports the school, it's students and university programs.
- USA - Exclusively designed and printed by Ivysport team in the United States. Garment imported.
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Crew with Legacy arch design with vibrant, colorful crest / seal logo
- COMFORTABLE and SOFT - 50% Cotton 50% Polyester, fully double-needle cover stitch crewneck sweatshirt
- USA - Crewneck sweatshirt men item designed and printed in the U.S. Garment is imported.
Last update on 2020-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API