After college, what you’ll remember more than anything else is the relationships you’ve had there.
These relationships can encompass multiple facets of college life, including other students and even the professors.
In this article, I’m going to show you why and how you should be getting to know the people in your college life.
Simple words of advice: meet everyone you can. Smile and be friendly. Start conversations (but not during class, that could be dangerous 😛 ). Go to places where people hang out and hang with them.
Many college alumni will tell you, after revisiting their old campus, that it feels different than before – that’s because all of their old friends aren’t there anymore. This highlights the fact that it’s the people you meet in college that makes your college experience special.
And, always remember, you might end up making friends with your future colleagues! Nowhere else except in college can you have this type of relationship at a young age.
Meeting Your Professors
Meeting your professors outside of class will benefit you in two important ways:
- You’ll get more out of your learning experience.
- You’ll have better memories after college.
How so you ask?
Because, first of all, I can almost guarantee that you’ll learn more from your professors if you have a personal relationship with them.
Just ask any person who did well in college and got good grades – ask them what comes to mind when they remember their class material. Most likely they’ll picture the faces of their professors, if they got to know them.
Your knowledge from college will come more from your professors than from your books.
Now, some practical advice: schedule appointments with your professors as soon as possible. Remember that your professors are people too, so respect their time. Keep in touch with them if you’re going to miss class and communicate clearly with them.
Finally, I suggest you check out the movie Orange County. It’s about a high school senior who wants to get into Stanford because he read the writings of a professor there. When he finally got the chance to meet the professor, his whole perspective on things changed…
The people you meet in college will make up some of your best memories. Pluck up some courage and start up a few conversations. Do it now, and thank me later!
- Our most popular smart speaker - Now available with an LED display that can show the time, outdoor temperature, or timers.
- Perfect for your nightstand - Ask Alexa to set an alarm. Tap the top to snooze. The light sensor automatically adjusts the display's brightness, day...
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others. You can also listen to audiobooks from...
- Meet Echo - Echo (3rd Gen) has new premium speakers powered by Dolby to play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response.
- Enjoy premium sound - Personalize your listening experience by adjusting the equalizer settings. Or pair with a second Echo (3rd Gen) or Echo Plus...
- Voice control your music - Ask Alexa for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more. With...
- Echo Plus has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices, and an improved sound for streaming music.
- New premium speakers powered by Dolby play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. You can also use your voice to adjust equalizer...
- Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, call almost anyone,...
Last update on 2019-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API