College life is the most delightful period of anyone’s life. The most memorable incidents and friendships that last a lifetime are found here. But, like everything else in life, this too requires money, something that every college student is short on. And, apart from the tuition fees, textbooks tend to consume a large amount of money. So how would you save on expensive but crucial textbooks?
1. Beg; Borrow
As the title suggests, but not in a literal sense, instead of buying, textbooks can be borrowed from the library or the seniors who have suffered a similar plight in their preceding years but are willing to help the juniors by sharing their books.
2. The hand-me-down relief
New or old, the knowledge stored inside a book remains unchanged. Basic principles given by remarkable gentlemen like Sir Isaac Newton, Neils Bohr and James Clerk Maxwell, just to name a few, are constant. So, used textbooks can always be obtained at a cheap rate and used in the same way that a new one would be.
3. The vast Internet
Right now in 2018, the Internet is a mighty Swiss army knife that can be used for practically anything, including acquiring textbooks. The soft copy of a textbook is generally available and can be easily downloaded in any suitable format from websites like www.archive.org.
This is even more convenient as your whole library can be carried everywhere hassle-free because it weighs literally nothing more than the weight of your device.
4. Sharing is caring
Instead of buying all the textbooks individually, convince a couple of friends to split them within the group. That way, the whole group will collectively own one set of textbooks which can be shared as per requirement.
5. Who uses hard-copies anymore?
If you are one who doesn’t really care about having an actual textbook in your hand and can manage with soft-copies, the best way to tackle the situation is by paying a small visit to the library and issuing all the necessary books. Then, using a smartphone camera (everyone has a smartphone now!), Scan all the necessary pages of the textbook and use as per your will.
But, this technique is feasible only when a small number of pages are required. But if patience and time are in abundance, then be unstoppable!
6. Google Books
Everyone has those one or two obscure textbooks, of which the college library has only one copy which is consistently issued and you can’t get your hands on. A better option would be to use Google Books. It is a vast library containing all the books you would ever need to finish college and further. All that is needed is a working Internet connection at nearly all times and visiting books.google.com and you’re good to go!
7. Alternative sources
The prescribed textbooks are not the only sources of knowledge. A short visit to the professors’ cabin could prove useful for tips and tricks to deal with the issue. You could also consult the seniors for ideas on how to handle dilemma feasibly.
other valuable readings:
College life is a critical period of time and to enjoy fully is possible only with friends. But what’s the use when you’re the only one who has saved a buck or two by dint of the handy-dandy tricks mentioned earlier. The right way to go would be by sharing this vital advice with the squad and consequently having enough cash to do as per everyone’s heart desires and to enjoy college to its fullest extent.
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet-with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright...
- Now waterproof, so you're free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Adjustable front light lets you read comfortably for hours-indoors and outdoors, day and night.
- Purpose-built for reading, with a 167 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper, even in direct sunlight.
- Read distraction-free. Highlight passages, look up definitions, translate words, and adjust text size-without ever leaving the page.
- Now available in Graphite or Champagne Gold.
- Our largest, highest resolution display- 7" and 300 ppi, reads like real paper without glare, even in bright sunlight.
- The first waterproof (IPX8) Kindle so you are free to read in even more places.
- Now available in black or white
- Higher resolution display (300 ppi) - with twice as many pixels
- Built-in adjustable light - read day and night
- All-new design is thinner and lighter, and now available in your choice of black or white.
- With built-in Audible, access the world's largest library of audiobooks. Easily switch between reading and listening on Bluetooth-enabled speakers or...
- Easy on your eyes-touchscreen display reads like real paper.
Last update on 2019-04-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API