However, there are several things that you can do now to start preparing for medical school.
Get Some Medical Experience on Your Resume
Medical schools want people who already have medical experience. This shows that the student is serious about becoming a doctor. There are several ways that you can get some medical experience.
You can shadow a doctor. You can also volunteer at a nursing home. Furthermore, you can get certified as a nurse assistance or emergency medical technician. Any type of medical experience that you get will help your resume. The people you work or volunteer for can also be used as references in the future.
Choose the Right Major
Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to pick a specific major to go to medical school. As long as you take the core chemistry, biology, physics and math courses, you will be able to get into medical school. Your GPA does matter. Many medical schools require that you have at least a 3.0 to get in. However, you should strive to have a 3.5.
If you are struggling with any of your courses, you should get help right away. Do not wait until you start to fall behind. Once you fall behind, it is hard to catch up. You should also take elective courses in order to boost your GPA.
Prepare for the MCAT
The Medical College Admission Test, which is also known as the MCAT, is one of the factors that will determine whether you get into medical school. It tests reasoning, writing, science and mathematics skills. You can prepare for the MCAT test by using MCAT prep materials.
You can take a practice test that has questions that are similar to the ones on the real test. You can also get one-on-one tutoring. This will help you improve in the areas that you may be weak in. Additionally, you will can participate in small group seminars.
It is hard to get into medical school. However, if you start preparing now, then you will be more likely to get into medical school. You will need to take the time to prepare for the MCAT. You will also need to get some medical experience on your resume. Furthermore, you will need to maintain a good GPA.
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- ALL IN ONE NONSTICK COOKWARE - 15 pcs pots and pans set includes 4 pots with 4 glass lids and 2 sauce / frying pan. Made from durable, non toxic food...
- VENTED GLASS LID COVERS for POTS - Each nesting, heavy duty, stock or soup pot comes with a removable vented glass lid with stainless steel rims and...
- OVEN SAFE with MULTI QUART SIZE - Small, medium and large enamel over aluminum pots, skillet pan, and saucepan set has a capacity range from 1 to 4.2...
- NONSTICK COOKWARE - This 15 pcs cookware set has multiple pots and pans, including 4 pots with 4 glass lids and 2 sauce / frying pans. The pots and...
- POT COVERS WITH VENTED GLASS LIDS - The nesting stock or soup pots in our cookware set are heavy duty and offer removable glass lids with vents. The...
- MULTI QUART SIZE OPTIONS & OVEN SAFE - The nonstick set offers a variety of size options with a small, medium and large enamel body aluminum pots,...
- Detachable handle attaches/detaches securely to/from cookware
- Plastic lids allow the cookware to be converted into food storage containers
- Nestable for compact storage (always use pan protectors or towels inbetween)
- 18 Piece Nonstick Pots & Pans Cookware Set Kitchen Kitchenware Cooking
- You get all the cooking essentials in just one package with this 18 piece nonstick cookware set. The pots and pans feature a patterned interior...
- This cookware set makes a great starter set for a college student, or you can buy the set for a new apartment, a recreational vehicle or a lake house....
- HOME & APARTMENT ESSENTIALS: These cookware sets have all the basics making the perfect starter kit
- EVEN HEATING: Our premium triply design allows for even distribution of heat, eliminating hot spots
- STAY COOL HANDLES: Each pot and pan features a riveted silicone grip handle for safe and easy grasp
Last update on 2019-02-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API