There’s a great sense of accomplishment you feel when you get more important tasks done within the shortest time possible. However, for most of us, this isn’t always the case. At the end of the day, we look back and realize that we didn’t accomplish much at all. As a college graduate, how can you ensure you are as productive as possible every day at work? The following simple tips can help increase your productivity and change your life for the better:
Plan Your Day The Night Before
Before going to bed, spend a few minutes creating a plan for your next day. List all the things you need to complete and allocate a rough timing for each task. Identify the most important tasks in your list and put a star next to them as a reminder that they are what you need to do to move closer to achieving your goals. Other than your to-do-list, you should also prepare what you’ll wear the next day at night too. This way, you’ll be able to hit the ground running when you wake up.
Having a plan will also help you get back on track as soon as possible should an emergency occur that sets you off course.
Wake Up Early
Wondering how waking up early can make you more productive at work? For starters, it will help you beat traffic, which is a great source of frustration for most people. When you arrive at the office 20 or 30 minutes earlier than your colleagues, you’ll certainly feel good about it and be motivated to keep your lead by getting down to your most important tasks of the day right away. This will not only increase your productivity dramatically but also save you lots of time you would otherwise waste in traffic.
A cluttered work environment hurts your ability to focus. When there are visible files nearby that remind you of unfinished tasks, you’re likely to become frustrated and anxious, which lowers your productivity. This is why it’s crucial to de-clutter and organize your work space to help you to think more clearly and focus on the work at hand. Having a good filing system for all your documents will help you retrieve whatever you need easily and faster.
Distractions are everywhere around us in this day and age. If you do most of your work online, there’s the temptation to surf the internet and constantly check your email and social media accounts and many other things (phone calls, text messages, apps) that can distract you from solely focusing on your work.
When its work time, work. Close all your email and social media accounts and silence your phone. If possible, hang a “do not disturb” sign on your door to let others know you don’t want to be bothered. Minimizing distractions as much as possible will significantly increase your level of focus, consequently increasing your productivity.
Love Your Job
No amount of pressure, bonus scheme, system, tool or tips can match the productivity boost you get from simply doing the job you love. Being happy at work not only makes you more productive, but also more engaged, creative, and successful.
Developing and mastering these productivity habits will help you stay focused on what’s most important while ensuring that everything you’ve planned to do gets done at the end of the day.
Did you find this article useful? If so, please share it on social media to help your fellow college graduates increase their productivity at work.
- A PROVEN APPROACH TO PRODUCTIVITY AND HAPPINESS - January 2019 ~ December 2019, featuring 12 months of monthly view pages, track your daily tasks and...
- MONTHLY OVERVIEW - Lined pages with plenty of writing space for scheduling with Julian dates. Federal holidays highlighted in green to help remind you...
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION - Sturdy Twin-wire binding facilitates turning pages easily and gives the ability to hang on the wall. ECO-FRIENDLY thick Paper...
- Weekly Planners
- Height: 6.63 in. Width: 8.75 in.
- Manufactured by: Andrews McMeel Publishing
- OVERVIEW - One year planner for July 2018 to June 2019, featuring 12 months of monthly and weekly pages for easy year-round planning. 2 bonus monthly...
- MONTHLY MANAGEMENT - Each monthly spread contains an overview of the month and a notes section, Remember upcoming plans at-large with the monthly...
- GUIDE EACH WEEK - Weekly spread include space to write your daily schedule, detail appointments and keep track of all days clearly with the weekly...
Last update on 2019-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API