You are finally done with high school, the excitement is quite imminent but also, very short-lived. The hunt for the college begins and so does the pressure of choosing the right one from all the acceptance letters received.
Choosing the right college can be quite challenging and there are a number of things to consider such as the name recognition of the school as well as the fees owed. However, in order to choose the college that is right for you, consider the following:
a) Why you chose that particular college
Rank them in order of your preference. Review why you chose a particular college in the first place by looking for the pros and cons then weigh your options.
b) Geographical location
It is essential to consider the amount of time you will waste on traveling to and from the college as well as the traveling expenses.
Ensure that the college you choose is well within your budget to avoid being swamped by numerous loans and ending up frustrated.
d) Choice of major
Another important consideration is considering the career of your choice and what you would like to major in.
Ensure that the college you choose offers the particular field of interest to you. If you are unsure of the field you would like to major in, consider the subjects of interest to you and ones that you excel in.
However, if you are still unsure then do not fret, choose a college that offers a variety of options so that if you are not comfortable with the field you picked, you can choose another field instead of changing the college altogether.
e) Comfort level
Choose a college that you feel comfortable in. Take a tour of the college and evaluate whether the college feels right for you and whether you would easily fit in that particular college community.
f) Student-faculty ratio
This is an important consideration in line with your comfort level. Would you rather attend a class of over a hundred students or would you rather be in a class of fewer than twenty students?
Seeking advice is paramount. Ask those who were in a particular college about their reviews. Talk to those who have attended colleges before and what they considered before attending the particular college they did. You might be surprised at the tips they will offer.
Ensure that your college has a good reputation. Remember, reputation is not the same as having name recognition. A college is reputable when it has a good social standing and emphasizes on key elements such as discipline, non-discrimination, and other such qualities.
i) Study resources available
A college must have good study resources such as good lecturers, a good library, or even good study portals. This will ensure that you do not waste time in looking for these resources as they are readily available.
j) Start early
Start your college search early enough to avoid being caught up with time and having to compromise with whatever you can lay your hands on. This may lead to disappointments later.
These are just some of the tips to help you choose the right college for you. Remember, you will be spending the next four years or so in the college you choose and these four years will shape your life. The college you choose will largely determine the career you end up in and the success rates so take your time and choose wisely. Good luck!!
Image Credit: Pixabay
nice post? … share it!
- ★PLENTY SPACE: One separate laptop compartment can hold UNDER 17 Inch Laptop, one spacious packing compartment for daily necessities, front...
- ★ULTRA COMFORT: Airflow back design with thick but soft multi-panel ventilated padding, gives you maximum back support. Breathable and adjustable...
- ★PRACTICAL&SAFE: A luggage strap allows backpack to slide over the luggage upright handle tube for easier carrying. With a hidden pocket in the back...
- Dimensions:20 x 12.2 x 5.7 inch with dedicated Laptop compartment holds Laptops less than 17 Inch
- 3 MAIN pockets & 9 INNER small pockets & 2 SEALED SIDE pockets,provides a separated space for your Laptop, iPhone, iPad, pen, keys, wallet, books,...
- External USB with built-in charging cable
- Large backpack featuring multiple zippered compartments and dedicated pockets for tablet device
- Adjustable side compression straps
- No laptop compartment
- CAPACIOUS & LIGHT WEIGHT & ORGANIZED : MULTI COMPARTMENTS, the backpack Dimension : 20"H x 12.5"W x 8.5"D. Lightweight : 1.8lb, Lots of pocket design,...
- USB CHARGING PORT & NIGHT LIGHT REFLECTIVE & ANTI THEFT : The Backpack with External USB charging port & set-in charging cable, this backpack offer a...
- DURABLE FABRIC & LARGE CAPACITY : The Backpack , Daypack is made of HIGH QUALITY Anti Scratch Fabric with long-life zipper design, it's very sturdy,...
- Work Travel Backpack Material:Stylish backpack made of eco-friendly waterproof canvas, soft and fashionable, classic and minimalist design really...
- Multi-function Backpack:2 big front zipper pocket , 2 inner small pockets ,2 side pockets， Easy access doctor bag-style opening , Spacious Backpack...
- CONVENIENT USB PORT DESIGN：Built-in detachable USB cable design, great convenience for charging your electronic devices via connecting your own...
Last update on 2019-07-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API