Going to college can make anyone nervous, irrespective of their age. Remember the butterflies you felt in your stomach on the first day of kindergarten? They have a way of coming back with more intensity. They too have graduated to being giant moths. For some, it’s their first time away from home, for others it’s a chance to further their education.
Whatever the scenario, without the right guidance, college can be a pain in the leg. The anxiousness usually stems from the fact that college can make or break you. Don’t worry though because I got your back. Here is a list if how to get through college with your sanity intact.
1. Set smart goals.
If you think college is all about fun then you are in for a rude shock! Spoiler alert; you have to study! The thing about setting goals is that you feel inclined to achieve them. Visit the academic advisor and utilize the college resources. Know exactly what you want to do.
Sure, good grades are important but learning is even better. A little fun is not discouraged but be cautious about the kind of parties you go to or who you associate with.
2. Strike a balance between school and work.
College is some sort of job on itself and taking on another job can be stressful. Don’t overwork or overwhelm yourself. There is only so much you can handle.
If for any reason you have to take on work or are working part time as you further your education, learn how to balance classes and work. Your job shouldn’t be the reason you’re neglecting your school work. Besides, better opportunities are coming your way after graduating with honors.
3. Try our new things and make new friends.
College is like a journey and you need people to walk with. Chances are that your old friends or workmates are off to college or at home. You aren’t the only one who feels alone so join clubs and meet new people. With the right people, college will be more bearable and you’ll never lack people for the group work.
4. Stay organized.
I understand that you are experiencing a new shift in your life but organization is key. Know where and when your classes and tests are and show up on time. If you tend to forget, there are apps for organizing and planning schedules.
5. Be you and have fun!
College is not meant to be boring no matter your age. Don’t let it change who you are so once in a while, go out for coffee with friends, or take walks. Just have fun! College will be way easier if you do.
other valuable readings:
College is what you make it to be. With this ultimate guide you will find your stay more conducive. Know a friend or workmate who is anxious about going to college? Let them read this and know it’s not that hard. With the right guidance, they will make it through just fine.
Image Credit: Pixabay
end of post … please share it!
- HUGE WALL CALENDAR - Large 24x30 Inch Size - Easy to Write and Read with Large Date Blocks and 6 Lines per Block.
- WET ERASE PLANNING - Why Wet Erase vs Dry Erase? Wet Erase will not ghost or stain! Wet Erase is very durable will not wipe off accidentally by...
- EASY WALL HANGING PLANNER - Metal Grommets Surround the Quarter Inch Holes at Each Corner to Provide Strength and Prevent Rips
- Zebra Publishing
- Zebra Publishing
- Calendar: 24 pages
- A PROVEN APPROACH TO PRODUCTIVITY AND HAPPINESS - January 2019 ~ December 2019, featuring 12 months of monthly view pages, track your daily tasks and...
- MONTHLY OVERVIEW - Lined pages with plenty of writing space for scheduling with Julian dates. Federal holidays highlighted in green to help remind you...
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION - Sturdy Twin-wire binding facilitates turning pages easily and gives the ability to hang on the wall. ECO-FRIENDLY thick Paper...
- EASY BREEZY ERASING: Starting 6/1/17 We developed a unique OfficeThink PET Film that years later will easily erase dry and wet erase markers. So, go...
- BONUS ITEMS INCLUDED starting 3/1/17: With every calendar you will receive 5 dry erase markers, a high quality eraser and 8 jumbo tacks so you can...
- SHIPS ROLLED, NEVER FOLDED: Unlike other companies, we never fold our calendars. To ensure you never receive creased lines or wrinkles on your...
- ✅ 2019 Yearly full wall calendar covers 12 months from January - December 2019 to keep you organized all Year long. The entire Year is displayed on...
- ✅ Federal holidays are highlighted in sky blue for clear differentiation. With premium thicker and smooth paper, prevents bleed-through with...
- ✅ Printed on quality paper containing 30% post-consumer recycled waste material. Page size is 23" x 34". The whole pages could be fold and use as...
Last update on 2019-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API