Collegiate Group Criticizes Gore Degree

-------------------------------------

Former Veep Panned For Global Viewpoint

He has been out of office for nearly a decade now, but former US Vice-President, Al Gore, continues to spark controversy wherever he goes. Today, Gore will be on hand at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville to receive an honorary degree although the role of commencement speaker has been reserved for Phillip Fulmer the former head coach for the Vols football team.

Global Alarmism

Al GoreCollegians For A Constructive Tomorrow or CFACT, a national, non-profit and independent student group, says that Gore’s award is wholly undeserved. Gore is a Nobel peace prize recipient and has fanned the flames of global warming wherever he has traveled, although much of the “science” he has stood on has been largely discredited according to the group. Those points plus Gore’s contrary lifestyle—he recently purchased another mansion and flies in a private jet—has CFACT calling for Gore to receive a Doctorate in Hypocrisy.

Last night, CFACT sponsored a talk at the Tennessee Amphitheater by Lord Christopher Monckton and Phelim McElhinney, the of producers of the documentary ‘Not Evil, Just Wrong’ which debunks Gore’s film, “An Inconvenient Truth” and others.

Campus Protest

This morning, students and community members will gather across the street from the Thompson Boling Arena to voice opposition to Al Gore’s honorary degree and call attention to his alarmism and support for public policies that they say are likely to make him the world’s first ‘carbon billionaire’.

Protesters will urge political leaders to strongly oppose policies like cap and trade and other domestic or international mandates that would recklessly slash carbon emissions, based on unproven fears of man-made global warming. They will encourage them to support policies that keep energy reliable and affordable, protect American jobs, fully develop all of our domestic energy resources, and promote genuine environmental progress.

Scientific Facts

CFACT makes its case against Gore by pointing to ongoing research by scientists at NASA and MIT disproving the assumptions made by Al Gore that the world is doomed. The group notes that Gore must not be too concerned about the world coming to an end, as he just added a 6500 square foot home in Montecito, California to his real estate portfolio. That home cost Al Gore and his wife $8,875,000.

Source: Wikipedia file photo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

end of post idea

Helpful article? Leave us a quick comment below.
And please share this article within your social networks.

Categories: Campus News