But as you may already know, creating a lasting relationship isn’t always easy; it requires hard work and commitment. Here are some useful tips that can help you have a successful marriage while in college:
Be Nice To One Another
Building a long-lasting relationship requires more than just love; you have to know your partner very well, be supportive, have mutual respect for one another and be nice. Make small gestures to your partner often, and you’ll be surprised at just how happy you’ll make him or her. Remember; it’s the small things we do to each other that matter and keep the fire of love burning.
Research shows that for every one negative thing you do, there must be five positive things to balance it out. So, you have to choose to do more positive things if you want your married life to succeed.
However, with the endless issues that you’ll have to deal with in your everyday lives such as schoolwork, in-laws, finances, and sex, disagreements are inevitable. In the process, remaining committed to being nice may not be easy, but you have to decide to make your marriage work by focusing on the positives rather than the negatives.
Choose Your Battles Wisely
Every marriage has its problems, and arguments over small things can turn out into a fully blown battle. Therefore, it’s very important that you learn to identify issues that require dialogue, and those that aren’t solvable. You don’t really want to start a fight over a missing toothpaste cap, or clothes scattered all over the floor when there are more important issues to deal with like finances and the kids.
Most couples often fight over insignificant things that aren’t worth wasting their energy on. You need to realize that as much as you would love your partner to do things in a certain way, he or she isn’t perfect. So, instead of trying to change him, learn to love and live with his flaws. You’ll be surprised at just how your marriage will change for the better.
Has This Piece Been Helpful?
Your Attitude Matters
Your attitude towards your partner is a key factor that determines how your married life will be. Spouses that have good marriages often retain their mutual understanding and respect for one another even during arguments. This in turn, helps them to stay together much longer. On the other hand, showing a bad attitude towards your spouse often drives negative feelings and emotions, so keep a positive attitude always.
A relationship where couples don’t talk openly and honestly to each other doesn’t stand a chance of lasting long. Both of you, therefore, need to find a way to communicate directly, openly, regularly, and respectfully about how you feel.
Change Your Mind, Change Your Marriage
The way you think, and what you believe about you spouse, significantly affects how you perceive him or her. If you’re having marriage troubles, why not try changing how you think about your husband or wife by focusing on their positive qualities.
A Crisis Doesn’t Mean That Your Marriage Is Done
Crises are like storms; they’re loud, dangerous and scary. But, you don’t have to allow them to end your marriage. Learn to forgive and forget whatever caused the problem, and keep moving forward together. It’s out of pain and problems that great marriages and people are produced.
Having a successful married life especially in college is not easy. But it is possible with continuous hard work, commitment, open communication and unconditional love.
Please help your fellow students strengthen their marriages and relationships by sharing this article with them on social media.
- OPTIMAL TABLE STORAGE: 3 deep shelves and 2 hooks provide extra storage and convenience to hold cookbooks, bottles, and more!
- COMPACT DESIGN: Space-saving structure makes it perfect for a dorm room, apartment, or any area in need of functional and contemporary furnishing
- CHAIRS INCLUDED: Maximize your space with 2 included chairs that can neatly tuck away under the table when not in use
- 【Solid and Durable】： Table legs and stools are made of Sturdy steel, table and stools top with with rich wood grain finish, Well made and solid.
- 【3 Piece Set Design】：Beautiful piece,this table set includes one table and 2 stools,and the stools can be stored under the table neatly, great...
- 【Easy to Move】： Lightweight and can be moved easily,fit into small spaces or small apartment kitchen set extremely well. It's also plenty good...
- Attractive 3-piece table set from Linon's Tavern collection; set includes rectangular table and 2 stools
- Hardwood construction with espresso finish; faux stone paper-wrapped table top
- Padded stool seats with black vinyl upholstery; stools tuck under table for storage
Last update on 2019-12-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API