Learn to take criticism
Having a thick skin is essential for college. You will have to be open to new experiences and you are bound to make mistakes when trying out something new.
If you have the fear of criticism or reprimand holds you back, you may never fully be able to tap into your potential. You may never even realize what you are capable of doing, since you may never overcome the self-doubt.
We learn more from real life experiences than theoretical findings, that the more mistakes you make the more you will learn. In fact, that consolidated memory will stop you from repeating the same mistakes.
Numerous skills must be sharpened nearly to perfection in your college years. So by the time you graduate, you are a finished project that is ready to deliver in the practical world.
This fear can be overwhelming too, especially if you are aspiring to keep a balanced life. Avidly practicing one trait at a time will stop you from stressing out too much.
Keep your studies and health on top, but do work on one skill every month or two. It could be playing football, playing the piano or just sharpening up your communication skills. Acquiring a variety of skills will help you set yourself apart from others and will boost your self-esteem.
Eat Healthy and Exercise
Most college students usually neglect their health by cramming a lot during exam season. This especially occurs when you have been keeping your academic duty in second gear throughout the year.
Hence, a string of unhealthy habits is adapted. These can be anything from sleeping less than the recommended seven hours, eating fast food, consuming too much alcohol at parties or energy drinks to pull all nighters.
In the long run, these habits can take a toll on your overall health and even decrease your mental capabilities. Exercising has been known to release endorphins that contribute to a healthier, stress free and positive outlook on life. It also helps increase focus, reduces impulsive behavior and improves memory; traits essential for better academic application.
Take Up Career-Oriented Internships
Utilize your summer break to get a practical exposure regarding your future career. Countless law firms and fashion industries even offer paid internships for deserving students. This will help you stay motivated and also enhance your knowledge through practical application of the things you have been studying in college; hence they shall consolidate your learning. If you perform well enough, you may secure a job in these firms as soon as you graduate.
Stay tuned for the final part 3!
Image Credit: Pixabay
helpful? … then please share it
- FOLDING SIZE: 20.5"x11.8"x2.32", Weight:3.13lbs, High Quality Material: Sheet Material of EO, ABS Aluminum, Silicone Non-slip
- Multifunctional - As a laptop workstation, laptop table for bed, a children's bed table, a mini writing table, a standing table for office work,...
- Easy to use - Fully assembled, Two auto-lock buttons on each side easily enable quick changes in height, legs can be set to 5 different heights...
- Multi-use desk: not only work as a laptop desk, but also as a TV Dinner Tray, Serving desk for patients/kids, Floor coffee desk, Book tray of readers,...
- ALL 4 legs with stainless steel leg lock can prevent legs folding inwards.
- Foldable legs for easy storage. Adjustable leg height at the range of 11"~15.75".
- Works great for students, travelers and persons with limited mobility
- Includes removable pad and built-in handle for easy portability
- Solid MDF surface material - easy to clean and care for
- COMFORTABLE: designed with a thick layer of high quality memory foam allowing you to sit comfortably for hours. The built in wrist rest includes a...
- FUNCTIONAL: designed to help you get work done from the comfort of your bed, couch, or chair. The large, sturdy surface is ideal for crafts, writing,...
- PORTABLE WORKSTATION: the strong built in handle allows you to carry the desk from room to room in your home or in the car for road trips
- IT'S A BRIEFCASE. IT'S A DESK. IT'S A WORKSTATION: With its storage compartments and handy carrying handle, this lap desk is supremely suited for...
- ERGONOMIC AND COMFORTABLE ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: The iCozy lapdesk lives up to its name: no matter where you go, the microbead cushion at the bottom...
- OFFICE? YES. HANDY LEISURE READING AID? YEP: With three built-in compartments for stashing your tablet, notebook (the paper kind) and small office...
Last update on 2019-04-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API