Life in college can be pretty easy – but not when you’re ill-prepared. The most successful people today and the ones who made the most out of their college years prepared adequately, months before joining their preferred colleges. This post is aimed at helping pre-college students make the necessary mental preparations to make the time they will spend in school worthwhile in all aspects.
Consider the following tips:
1. It’s Always a New Experience for Everyone
You need to continually remind yourself that college life was new for everybody who has gone ahead of you. Joining college is usually such a massive change, and you’re likely to get overwhelmed – but don’t! It’s imperative that you maintain a level head to make the transition as simple as possible.
Don’t beat yourself up too hard. It’s okay for things to feel uncomfortable at the beginning and for a while after that. It helps to realize that it’s a new phase of life for you, something that you’ve never experienced, and as such, its impossible for it to feel familiar.
2. Don’t Underestimate the Importance of Proper Time Management
The simplest way to make your life in college hard is to be a poor time manager. The last thing you want to do is to procrastinate tasks over and over again. It’s just a matter of time before you find yourself in a tight spot. Before entering college, you must plan to stay organized at all times.
If possible, have a detailed daily schedule in black and white. Alternatively, you can utilize technology to your advantage. There are endless digital planning tools and apps – make maximum use of them. Your schedule should cover your class sessions, homework, studying and other things you’re up to. Always spend a few minutes at the end of the day to reflect on how the day has been as you plan for the next one.
3. Open Yourself up to New Things and Opportunities
It’s the only way to discover yourself, your passions, and your talents (the ones you never thought you had). Give yourself the chance to meet and relate with new people with different backgrounds from yours. You’ll be amazed by just how much this world has to offer.
Who knows, you might end up surprising yourself once you discover how much potential you’ve been sleeping on all this while.
College life is about rediscovering yourself – don’t let this time pass by and leave you the same person you’ve always been.
4. Choose a Major Soon Enough
Don’t forget, the very reason you’re joining college is to build a solid career.
The first step to make this possible is to choose your major as soon as possible. This isn’t the kind of decision you make while halfway through your first year in college.
A wiser move is to visit the career services staff at your college before the first semester begins. They’ll assist you in exploring different careers and majors. Eventually you’ll fine one that matches your personality and other abilities.
5. Make Sure That Your Finances are in Order
Do you already have a solid plan on how to meet your financial obligations while in college? If you intend on applying for grants and scholarships, do so as early as NOW. Do everything possible to make sure that lack of finances won’t interfere with your college education.
Do you know someone who’s looking forward to their college days? They’ll find this information helpful. Consider sharing the article on all your social networking sites to help your friends and family reap maximum benefits from their college life from the word go. They’ll be glad you did!
- Magnetic calendar dry erase surface is highly durable, erases easily, resists staining, ghosting and duals as a bulletin board
- Features a built-in self healing natural cork strip, which firmly grips push pins in place every time
- Dry erase marker with eraser and Pin-It cork magnet are included. Pin-It cork magnet enables repositionable push pin use anywhere on the board
- TOP QUALITY MATERIAL: It is made of magnetic lacquered steel, cardboard, natural cork with 12mm aluminum frame and ABS corners
- 3 IN 1 MULTI-FUNCTION DISPLAY BOARD: You do not need to buy a monthly planning board, bulletin board or whiteboard individually, Only MAKELLO 3 in 1...
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL TO USE - perfect for planning, education, presentation and organization. Suitable for home, fridge, office, cubicle, desk, class,...
- Comes with 7 wall decals - calendar size - 16" wide x 9" high - bubbles vary in size
- Easy to apply - just peel and stick!
- Applies to any smooth surface
Last update on 2020-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API