Procedure for writing a college essay:
1. Follow directions
You should make sure that you write about recommended topics and answer the questions you have been asked. You should also take into account the number of words and pages listed.
2. Use the appropriate format.
- It mostly requires the use of:
- Single space
- a 12- point font
- writing your name, school and date of birth.
- It also requires printing of one side of the page.
3. Start with a catchy sentence
It is always advisable to write your first sentence in an attractive manner so that it catches the readers attention.
4. Avoid Cliches
Cliches are phrases that people use often.You may decide to substitute it with a sentence with a similar meaning.
5. Use active voice
Writing in an active voice is essential since it energizes the essay. Some programs in word processing may help you convert passive sentences to active sentences.
6. Use your conclusion to explain the main points in your essay
Your conclusion should remind the reader of the key points you mentioned in the essay.You should take care not to bring new ideas in the conclusion.
Tips for writing the best college essay
1. You need to brain storm
This is usually the hardest part when writing an essay and it requires that you define your strengths and weaknesses first.
2. Let your First draft flow
After assembling your notes, you need to come up with an outline containing the ideas you are going to discuss.
3. Develop an essay contains three parts
The first part is the introduction which will introduce the essay.
The second part is the body that explains the key points in the essay. It also carries examples.
The last part is the conclusion that summarizes the essay.
4. Be specific
Make sure that what you are writing supports the main point and also relates to the question.
5. Be honest
You should not be tempted to write what you think the reader wants to hear. You should answer the question in an honest manner.
6. Get feedback
This is from friends, family or teachers so that if they disapprove some points, you should make changes.
7. Re- read and make corrections
You should re- read your essay carefully to make corrections on spelling or grammar errors. It is also good to ask someone who has not seen it to read and identify any spelling or grammar errors that may appear in the essay.
By the help of this guide and tips, you will be able to come up with the best essay.
Image Credit: Pixabay
helpful? … then please share it
- 9.7-inch Retina display
- A10 Fusion chip with 64-bit desktop-class architecture
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a specialized...
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- Make sure to plug the product to a charging base for about 3 hours.
- 9.7-inch Retina display, wide color and true tone
- A9 third-generation chip with 64-bit architecture
- M9 motion coprocessor
- 9.7" Multi-Touch Retina Display 2048 x 1536 Screen Resolution (264 ppi)
- Apple A10 Fusion SoC & M10 Coprocessor 802.11ac Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.2
- Front 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera Rear 8MP Camera
- 7.9" Retina Display, 2048 x 1536 Resolution
- Apple iOS 9, Dual-Core A8 Chip with Quad-Core Graphics
- 8 MP iSight Camera, 1080p HD Video Recording
Last update on 2018-11-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API