There are many benefits that come as a result of learning English. Here are some of them.
Occasionally, students are often given assignments to do some research on the particular topic. In order to ace their research assignment, they need tools that will have information about their research topic. Much of the content displayed on the internet and books are written in English. This would be a big benefit for a student who is able to read and write in English.
Much of the entertainments like movies come from Hollywood and they are purely in English. Learning English will make you get more and more entertainment. You can also use your basic understanding of English in learning more about the language through these entertainment programs, for example, the pronunciation of words.
Through these, you are able to understand more cultural activities of different people around the world.
With the modern technology, socializing has never been easier. The only key to socializing is through communication. You can now have friends all over the world with the help of applications like facebook and twitter.
In order to be able to use these applications, you need to be able to read and write in English. The basic language used in these applications is in English.
If you don’t know how to communicate in English you will be limited to socialize and make friends with only the people who speak your language. It’s hard socializing with a person who doesn’t understand your language.
Technology has really come a long way. Due to technology, devices like phones and computers have been born. These devices have really made the life of human beings a little bit easier.
In order to be able to use these devices efficiently, you need to be able to read and understand English for many of them are programmed to communicate in English.
It’s a disadvantage not being able to write and speak in English for you won’t be able to get the best of these devices which have been proven to come in handy in areas such as:
It might be your dream to become a successful businessman when you finish your education. That’s a dream that can come true and can be easy for you if you have the help of technology in your business.
In order to have a successful business, you need to know what other business people are doing all over the world in order to join them or do something different that will result to you gaining more than them. In order to do this, you will need the help of a computer to be able to research your business ideas and how to go about them.
Technology also minimizes the papers around you for you can store your data and send data to your computer.
6. Brain Boost
It’s amazing what studying English or any other language can do to your brain. (This has been scientifically proven)
Increases problem-solving abilities
You can benefit from learning English by gaining abilities like, focusing on tasks on hand and filtering away any type of distractions. It also helps in concept formation and abstract thinking skills.
Reduces brain problems that come as a result of age (deterioration of the brain)
It has been proven that people who can speak in several languages have a reduced rate of 2 to 4 years in the development of brain problems like dementia.
Increases your memory capacity
This is especially strong in short-term memory. The benefit of this is that it allows the memory to keep information for a longer duration of time while thinking processes are activated.
English always come in handy when traveling to other countries that don’t speak your native language. Knowing how to communicate in English will help you get the right services that you require, and help to socialize with the people in that country.
Another benefit of this is that since you will have a common communication language with the people of that country, you will be able to understand their cultural practices and enjoy yourself while being there. You won’t be feeling like an outsider.
other valuable readings:
8. Job opportunities
Having a good grasp of English is guaranteed to save you a job opportunity in the future when seeking for employment. This will enable you not only to look for employment in your country but outsource your search in other countries as well.
Learning English as a second language may seem like a daunting task – but it’s definitely doable if you enlist the help of English tuition centers or private English tutors.
Image Credit: Pixabay
helpful? … then please share it
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz) | 4GB DDR4 Memory | 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 - USB 2.0 Ports & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP support
- Fast Processor 10th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i5-1035g1 Processor quad-core 1 0 GHz Base frequency up to 3 6 GHz with Intel's) Turbo Boost...
- Display 15 6-Inch diagonal HD SVA bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen display (1366 x 768)
- Fast boot up with SSD Boot up in seconds transfer files without waiting hours and enjoy a snappier experience with the internal solid-state drive 512...
- Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.60GHz, 4MB Cache), 4GB DDR4 RAM, 32GB eMMC Storage
- 14" HD (1366 x 768) SVA WLED-Backlit Display with BrightView Micro-edge Technology, Intel Integrated UHD Graphics 600
- Realtek 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (2x2) and Bluetooth4.2 combo, 2xUSB3.1 Gen 1(Data transfer only), 1xUSB 2.0, 1xHDMI 1.4, 1xHeadphone/Microphone Combo Jack,...
- Intel i5-8265U, Quad-core, eight-way, Intel Turbo Boost; 8GB ddr4 system memory; 256GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e);
- 15.6" touch screen, 1366 x 768 HD resolution, LED backlight; Intel UHD Graphics 620; MaxxAudio;
- Weighs 4.41 lbs. and measures 0.8" thin; 3-cell lithium-ion battery;
- Laptop for work, school, and play: With office 365 and 1 TB of cloud storage. This device combines functionality, connectivity, style, and value
- Essential productivity: This nimble laptop delivers the essential productivity and entertainment you want for school or home, without slowing you down
- Office 365 personal for 1 year: get full access to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, access, and 1 TB of One Drive storage for 1 year
Last update on 2020-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API