If you’re looking for way to increase your Twitter following without attracting spammers only, there are five steps you can take to ensure that you’re worth following:
1. Offer Information
— Your profile should say something about you and include keywords that can help people find you. One of the most important words or phrases is the name of your school. Mention your school, your major and some of your interests, and find or make a background image that tells people something about you. For example, if you’re an astronomy major, a solar system background can help you get noticed.
2. Offer Advice
— How much advice can you offer with just 140 characters to play with? More than you think! You can split your advice up into segments and post these one right after another. Not at once so that people take you as a spammer, but 1-2 minutes apart. Use a desktop client such as HootSuite to schedule your tweets, allowing you to collect your thoughts before uploading your tidbits. Be interesting — if you have unlocked the secret code to your favorite XBox game, then let people know how you did it.
3. Offer Assistance
— Twitter is a community of people who tweet, but also retweet messages. Retweeting is important, because it shows that you care about what other people say and have found their tweet or link to be of value. People will follow you if you actively give and take with Twitter, and help you gain access to their followers too. Who knows, the H.R. guy at the company you like could be one connection away from someone you helped.
4. Offer Friendship
— Social media seems to be so unsociable, at least when it comes to face to face contacts, right? Yes and no. It is easy for some people to hide behind a social media wall, but it is just as easy to reach out and befriend someone. Do so without an ulterior motive — demonstrate that you care and value this person’s Twitter activities. As far as face to face meetings go, that may come later when you both appear at the same social media convention.
5. Promote Thyself
— Take care of the first four steps and you’ll have much more liberty to promote yourself. At this point, you’re a known quantity and just the person others are following and will recommend to their friends. Go ahead, send out some tweets to let people know that you’re looking for work. Or, wanting to meet up at a football game. Or, whatever. Your credibility allows you to push the envelope, provided that you avoid spamming and know when to hold ‘em and know when to fold ‘em.
Once you’re established on Twitter, don’t forget to move over to LinkedIn and update your information there. To add your Twitter account to LinkedIn, visit “Edit My Profile” and click “Add Twitter account” next to the Twitter field. Twitter will ask you to verify your account name and password. Once the account is verified, you’ll be asked how you’d like to share your tweets on LinkedIn. Once your accounts have been joined, you can make changes by clicking on “edit” adjacent to your Twitter name.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 44. 1" X 25. 7" X 3. 2", TV with stand: 44. 1" X 28" X 8"
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500, 000 movies and TV episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive Roku...
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 35.6" X 20.5" X 2.9", TV with stand: 35.6" X 22.7" X 7.2"
- Smart functionality delivers all your favorite content with over 500, 000 movies and TV episodes, accessible through the simple and intuitive Roku TV
- 1080p HD resolution for a crisp picture
- Smart functionality offers access to thousands of streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- FullView design provides a clean, contemporary edge-to-edge glass display that blends seamlessly into your viewing experience
Last update on 2019-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API